Student And Parent Support Team
Our school participates in the services of the Social Welfare Department, including Pilot Scheme on Social Work Service for Pre-primary Institutions and On-site Pre-school Rehabilitation Services
Yan Oi Tong On-Site Social Work Service
- Provides on-site services 4 days a week. The service hours are from Monday to Friday (except Wednesday), from 8:30 a.m. to 4:50 p.m.
- Social worker direct phone call is only available during the service hours on Monday to Friday (except Wednesday). Phone number is 2521 0813.
- Identification of children with social-emotional development difficulties and their families in need, to provide appropriate counselling and consultation services.
St. James’ Settlement Joyful Child Classroom-Preschool Services
- Through the inter-professional service team of non-goernment organizations (NGOs), there are school-based training services for children. Also, there are support services for kindergarten teachers, child-care workers, parents/ child’s caregiver.
- The main service targets are given with priority to children who are on the waiting list of the Central Referral System of the Social Welfare Department. If there are service vacancies, NGOs can flexibly mobilize less than 10% of the service quotas of the service team to provide services to children who are waiting for Child Assessment Service from the Department of Health or the Hospital Authority.
Individual learning needs of Non-Chinese Speaking (NCS) Students
- Our school provides a multicultural and inclusive learning environment for Non-Chinese Speaking (NCS) students and assists them in learning Chinese in daily life.
- Provides learning enrichment to the NCS students. Strengthens communication with NCS students’ parents.
- Supports teachers with techniques and skills to enhance the teaching of Chinese to NCS children.
- Creates an inclusive learning environment to help NCS students integrate into school life.